21 April 2007

Internal Debates

I started a post last week about a topic I'd been internally debating. I thought I'd reached a satisfactory conclusion, until I started to type it out. I'll have to re-work the post now, and I'm just too tired to do so at the moment.

Had Islam class this weekend. Sadly, I don't have time to think about it... I worked on the ST paper during class! Our ST paper has to be on some aspect of open theism. I'm doing mine on regret: What does it mean when Scripture says G-d regretted? Specifically, I'm using the account of Saul in I Samuel (15:11, 35), where G-d says He regrets making Saul king. I'll post a draft of my paper when it's presentable. But, I really would like to know what you all (the mass of devout readers that I have) think about the above question.

I'll leave you with some pictures from this afternoon's hike.


(It's hard to see, but there's a nest in the branches)




2 comments:

thebeloved said...

Honestly, the whole argument scares me because people feel like they have to jump in one way or the other so fully... or at least enough to cause divisions... My real curiousity is your obvious interests in the Middle East and Islam... I am here for the the first time... so maybe you have told. Whatever the case, blessings!

Ryann said...

thebeloved - thanks for stopping by. I've studied the ME and Islam for almost 10 years now. I have a BA in Islamic Studies and an MA in ME Politics. I can't say what really sparked my interest, other than I needed a major, liked theology, cultures and history.
As for the Open Theism debate, I fall pretty strongly on the Reformed side, and I'll post my paper on that here in a few days. Not quite finished yet...
What about you? Nathan from jolly company tells me you're in the ME. I'm curious to know more.
Cheers.