04 December 2006

Hibernation

Lately I've felt like my brain is on 'slow.' I'm chalking this up to Old Man Winter and holiday bussle, not a bout of writer's block, though it might be a combination of the three. I started to feel this after Thanksgiving weekend, as I sat in my grey cubicle absently reading Slate and Jihad Watch in between the dull tasks that are my job. The feeling of brain cells dying is akin to that feeling you get when you sit through a really bad movie and you know you've just wasted two hours of your life that you can never have back.
Lately all my creativity is being poured into writing exercises that really don't fit in this forum, but I promise to come up with something worthwhile soon. Other than that, I'm kind of sick of baking cookies and I still haven't made my traditional holiday treats yet. And my guitar is finally tuned. Whew. That's helping me sleep better.

No comments: