15 August 2007

Transition, and preparation

I'm settling in to a new living abode. I've been here three weeks; it's finally starting to feel like home, although I'm still not fond of my commute to work.

This afternoon, I have a second interview with the organization I really, really, really want to work for. There was some up-and-down last week with their two offices going back and forth over whether or not I'd be able to work via internet/Skype. Their main office is in the UK, and I'd be working at a branch office here in the US. We'll see if it works out this afternoon.

I'm also in the process of preparing for classes in a few weeks. I just put all the books for ST VI in my Amazon basket, and combined with the Hebrew text book, my total is right at $100. Not bad at all!

So, in a brief span of time, I've moved and could possibly be changing jobs, all while starting school full time in about 3 weeks. Whew. It's been emotional at times, and I'm reminded to stay close to the Word. (Somewhere in the back of my mind, I hear Mad Eye Moody's "Constant Vigilance!")

Here's what I'll be reading for ST IV: Ecclesiology & Sacraments this semester. Likely than not, it will influence both the content and frequency of my posting.


1. Geerhardus Vos, The Kingdom of God and the Church
2. Richard B. Gaffin, Perspectives On Pentecost
3. Edmund P. Clowney, The Church
4. John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion, trans. F. L. Battles, Book 4, Chapters 1-20.
5. Edmund P. Clowney, “The Politics of the Kingdom,” Westminster Theological Journal 41:2 (1979): 291-310.
6. Richard B. Gaffin, "Theonomy and Eschatology: Reflections on Postmillennialism," from Theonomy, A Reformed Critique, 197-224.
7. Edmund P. Clowney, “The Final Temple” Westminster Theological Journal 35 (1973): 156-189.
8. The Westminster Confession of Faith, Chapters 20-23, 25-31.
9. Vern S. Poythress, "Indifferentism and Rigorism in the Church: With Implications for Baptizing Small Children," Westminster Theological Journal 59 (1997), 13-29.
10. Vern S. Poythress, "Linking Small Children With Infants in the Theology of Baptizing,” Westminster Theological Journal 59 (1997), 143-58.
11. John Murray, The Covenant of Grace: A Biblico-Theological Study
13. John Murray, Christian Baptism
14. The Mystery of the Lord’s Supper, Sermons by Robert Bruce, ed. and trans. Thomas F. Torrance

2 comments:

Katie said...

So I just read two of the articles for ST IV for fun last night - the ones on baptism. Craziness.

Ryann said...

Goof. I'll let you know if I think Poythress goes FV in the second one.