13 October 2006

Hiatus

The Fulbright application, and preparing for class this weekend, is pretty much sucking up all my free time.

I have a few posts formulating in the primarily empty space of my brain, and when all is said and done, I will get around to blogging them.

I'm contemplating, and have been for quite some time, the following from Julian of Norwich:

His ever-flowing love and His strength must become everything for me. To depend upon His strength must become my greatest rest. To live in the love of G-d -- even at the cost of great sacrifice -- must become my highest aim. My crown.

Two notes thus far. One, there is no anxiety here; no worry, no uncertainty. And perhaps it is in the pushing aside of all that brings those tensions that we find rest in His strength. Two, the exercise of meditating on these thoughts, reading and rereading the Scripture that Julian's words have brought to mind, and praying that I might find my greatest rest in Him, has led me to write out the testimony of His work in my life -- something I have not done in a very long time. It is beyond my comprehension why He would chose a wretched sinner like me to be part of His Kingdom.

My faith is like shifting sand, changed by every wave.
My faith is like shifting sand, so I'll stand on Grace.

No comments: