16 August 2006

Bribery






Every Wednesday night, I bribe people to attend small group. This is partly because baking/cooking is my love language, and partly because I think the sharing of food/breaking of bread is extremely important for fellowship. Historically, one would only share a meal with close friends, never with enemies. And this example can be seen in the early church, where they would gather in small house churches and share a meal. Anyway...

Usually, I will make chocolate chip cookies (my favorite), but I ran out of chips, and only had ingredients for sugar cookies. And, since it is no where near Christmas time, I was stuck with some rather odd cookie-cutters. (Butterflies and Cowboys)


2 comments:

crazykarl7 said...

I had no idea there were cookies at the wed night small group. I am so there!

Ryann said...

Sweet.